1. Who we are
Under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – we need to provide you with certain information about us as a ‘data controller’.
We are Urban Earth South West Limited. We’re registered in the United Kingdom under company number 08609442, and our registered office is Office 1/Pound Lane Office Suites/Unit 4, Pound Lane Trading Estate, Exmouth, Devon EX8 4NP and our main trading address is Unit 17 Pound Lane Trading Estate, Exmouth, Devon EX8 4NP.
Our Data Compliance Manager is Nicola Murphy, and she can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The types of personal information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. We collect information you voluntarily provide to us by, by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or in other ways. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. Where we take any financial payments from you, these will be done securely and in accordance with industry standards.
- We may take photographs of various stages of your landscaping works we undertake at your property.
- Like many websites, we use “Cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data as you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes :-
- To administer and manager our relationship with you, to process your estimate and performance of your landscaping contract;
- To process orders from you for our services;
- To liaise with specialist sub-contractors who we have employed to undertake certain elements of the contract eg., electrician; plumber; hauliers; environmental specialists
- To deal with any enquiries we receive from you;
- For the purpose of any corrective action which may be required in respect of any of the products or services we supply to you;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules;
- To provide you with details of our services and promotions;
- To notify you of changes to what we do;
- To use photographs for marketing and public relations purposes; use on our website; in press releases; printed publicity and published on Urban Earth’s Facebook and Instagram Pages;
- To use photographs for the purpose of sharing with associated third party organisations eg., HTA: APL:Bradstone; Marshalls; Millboard etc., These images may be used for entry into Regional and National Awards; in press releases; printed publicity and published.
- For the purposes of recovery of a debt in case of non-payment
In connection with these purposes, we may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf eg., specialist contractrs; electricians; plumbers; specialist environmental experts etc.,
Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website.
We use them to collect information on how visitors are using our website and which web pages are visited most often. This helps us to better understand how we might make improvements to our website. We do not store information in these cookies which can be used to personally identify our visitors.
4. What do we do with information we collect about you and why
We use your personal information to provide you with the services we offer. Here are some examples of some of the ways we may use your data:
- Processing your landscaping contract
We may need to liaise with hauliers or sub-contractors to arrange for deliveries and specialist work to be undertaken.
- Processing photographs of your landscaping works
We may use photographs of the work we have undertake to market our services and associated products; via website; social media or competition entry into Regional and/or National Awards.
- Keeping in touch with you
From time to time we would also like to keep in touch with you, to provide details of our new services and promotional offers. If you are already our customer, we will only contact you electronically about things similar to what was previously sold to you. If you are a new customer, you will only be contacted if you agree to it. If you do not want to be contacted in this way, please contact email@example.com.
- Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to our marketing communications or sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. If you don’t want us to use your personal data for any of the other reasons set out in this section, you can let us know at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete your data from our systems.
- As already indicated above, with your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may lead to us contacting you by email and/or telephone with information, news and offers on our Services. We agree that we will not do anything that we have not agreed to under this Privacy Notice, and we will not send you any unsolicited marketing or spam. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
5. Where we store your data
The data that we collect from you will be processed by our staff who may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services like email communications.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure, and up to date and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Data security is of great importance to us, and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. Disclosing your information
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer.
- If we want to sell or buy any business, or assets, we can disclose your personal data to the potential buyer or seller of such business or assets.
- In connection with legal proceedings (including prospective proceedings).
7. Third parties or publicly available sources
We contract with third parties to supply our Services to you on our behalf. We use a variety of third-party sub-contractors, such as electricians, plumbers, hauliers and environmental specialists. In some cases, these third parties may require access to some or all of your data.
We only share the appropriate level of personal data to enable the sub-contractor/supplier to provide their services. Where your data is required to be shared we will take all reasonable steps to ensure it is handled safely and securely and in accordance with both our and the sub-contactors’ obligations under GDPR and the law.
We belong to a number of landscaping regulated bodies such as HTA and APL; we are also accredited installers for Bradstone; Marshalls and Millboard. In some cases, these third parties may require access to some or all of your data.
We only share the appropriate level of personal data to enable us to use photographs of your landscaping works to market and promote our services. Where your data is required to be shared we will take all reasonable steps to ensure it is handled safely and securely and in accordance with both our and the third party’s obligations under GDPR and the law.
8. Retaining your personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide our services to you, to comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties, and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business.
9. Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have various rights under data protection law regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to:-
- ask for a copy of your personal data held by us, at no cost to you
- ask us to correct any personal information that we hold about you, or inform us about any changes to your personal information
- request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability)
- request us to delete personal information
- ask to be informed of what data processing is taking place
- In certain situations, you can ask that we restrict processing of, or object to processing of, your personal data
- Lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office
Where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies in your personal information by contacting email@example.com or by telephoning us on 01395 260198. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but certainly within 30 days.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you may have about our use of your personal information. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to file a complaint with the UK supervisory authority – details of which are found in section 12 of this policy.
11. How to contact us about this privacy notice
Our Data Compliance Manager is in charge of answering questions about this privacy notice or your requests to exercise your rights which are set out below. Our Data Compliance Manager is Nicola Murphy, and she can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact us using these details for one or more of the following reasons:
- To ask us to fix information about you that is wrong or incomplete, or to delete personal information about you (the so-called “Right to be Forgotten”).
- To tell us you no longer agree to, that you object to, or that you wish to restrict us using information about you and ask us to stop.
- To tell us to stop using your personal information to tell you about products or services that may be of interest to you (direct marketing).
A right of access, namely to ask us to provide you with a copy of all of the personal information that we have about you. To receive this information please write to The Data Compliance Manager Nicola Murphy, Unit 17 Pound Lane Trading Estate, Exmouth, Devon EX8 4NP.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you may have about our use of your personal information. If you have any concerns about the way in which we are using your personal information, please contact our Data Compliance Manager in the first instance and we will endeavour to resolve your concern. Our Data Compliance Manager can be reached by emailing email@example.com., or by post at the following address:
Although we encourage you to contact us if you have any concerns, you do also have the right to complain about how we treat your personal information to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). The ICO can be contacted at: ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ ICO telephone: 0303 123 1113 ICO textphone: 01625 545860