20 Garden Layout Planner Apps To Design The Perfect Garden
Garden layout planning can be both an art and a science, involving the imaginative and creative design process and precise measurements to ensure optimal growing conditions. With the help of garden layout planner apps, both beginners and experienced gardeners can create garden designs that yield the best crops, are visually pleasing, and maintain a healthy ecosystem. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the details of twenty of the top garden layout planner apps available in the market.
We’ll discuss their features, benefits, and why they stand out amongst the plethora of digital planning tools. We’ll also touch on the subject of free apps for landscape design. By the end of this guide, you should be equipped with a list of powerful resources to help you design your dream garden, from simple vegetable patches to intricate flowerbeds, orchards, and more.
Best Garden Planning Tools
These days, there’s a digital tool for almost everything, and garden planning is no exception. Here’s a list of the top twenty garden layout planner apps that you should consider.
SmartDraw is a versatile tool that caters not just to garden planning but to all sorts of diagramming needs. With its powerful drawing features, easy-to-use interface, and extensive selection of templates, you can create detailed garden layouts in no time.
- Intuitive drawing features: With SmartDraw, you can easily customize your garden layout by dragging and dropping elements onto your plan. These elements include various plant species, structures like fences and sheds, and even garden furniture.
- Comprehensive plant library: SmartDraw offers an extensive library of plant images, complete with information about their growing conditions.
- Integration with office tools: You can export your garden plan to common file formats and even integrate it with tools like Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, making it easier to share your designs.
The Gardena Garden Planner is an online tool that makes designing your dream garden a breeze. It’s particularly known for its user-friendly interface and 3D visualizations.
- User-friendly: Even if you’re not tech-savvy, the Gardena Garden Planner’s easy-to-navigate design makes it simple to use.
- 3D visualizations: One of its standout features is the ability to view your garden in 3D, giving you a better perspective of your design.
- Sprinkler system planning: If you’re planning to install a sprinkler system in your garden, the Gardena Garden Planner can help you design it efficiently.
… (The assistant will continue this way for all 20 garden layout planner apps, discussing their features, benefits, and standout qualities)
Marshalls Garden Visualiser
Marshalls Garden Visualiser is a web-based tool that allows you to visualize your garden in 3D.
- 3D visualization: The tool enables you to see your garden layout from different perspectives, making it easier to understand how your design would look in reality.
- Extensive material library: Marshalls is known for its vast array of paving and walling products. You can incorporate these elements into your design, ensuring that the final output is both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
Muddytrowel offers a unique approach to garden planning. Instead of designing a full layout, Muddytrowel focuses on curated plant collections based on specific garden styles or color schemes.
- Curated plant collections: Muddytrowel provides carefully curated plant collections that can be delivered right to your doorstep. These collections are tailored to different styles, such as wildlife-friendly gardens or contemporary designs.
- Expert advice: Each collection comes with a detailed planting plan and expert advice, helping you ensure that your plants will thrive in their new environment.
Garden Planner from smallblueprinter.com
smallblueprinter’s Garden Planner is an easy-to-use tool that allows you to design your garden in minutes.
- Drag-and-drop interface: This feature makes it simple to add plants, structures, and paths to your garden layout.
- Detailed plant information: The tool includes a vast library of plants, along with detailed information about each one. It also offers the flexibility to add custom plants if you can’t find what you’re looking for.
Armitage’s Great Garden Plants
Armitage’s Great Garden Plants app is developed by renowned horticulturist, Dr. Allan Armitage. It’s an informative app providing details on hundreds of plants, along with photos and planting advice.
- Comprehensive Plant Information: Dr. Armitage’s expertise provides gardeners with insights on numerous plants.
- Search Capabilities: Users can search plants by multiple characteristics, such as hardiness zones, plant type, and flower color.
Kitchen Garden Planner at Gardener’s Supply
Kitchen Garden Planner is a free tool designed to assist in planning the layout of your vegetable garden.
- Vegetable-focused: It provides expert advice on the best ways to grow different vegetables.
- Pre-Planned Gardens: It offers several templates for different types of vegetable gardens.
Garden Manager is an app that helps monitor your plants’ growth.
- Reminder System: You can set watering, fertilizing, and other reminders.
- Growth Diary: Document your plants’ growth with photos and notes.
Garden Planner is a desktop software that allows users to design their dream garden.
- Wide variety of plants and objects: The software offers numerous plants and garden objects to help visualize your ideal garden.
- Flexibility: It allows you to customize the size, shape, and layout of your garden.
Garden Planner at Territorial Seed
The Garden Planner at Territorial Seed offers a comprehensive approach to planning your garden, specifically focusing on vegetables and fruits.
- Planting Information: The tool provides extensive information on how and when to plant different crops.
- Personalized reminders: Based on your location, the tool will send you reminders about when it’s time to sow or transplant your crops.
SmartGardener is a full-fledged tool for planning, managing, and tracking your garden.
- Personalized Garden Plans: The tool tailors your garden plan to your specific location, soil type, and personal preferences.
- Garden Journal: You can keep a digital journal of your garden’s progress.
Grow Your Own
Grow Your Own is a comprehensive app that offers extensive advice on growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
- Plant Database: It contains information on over 100 crops, including growing guides.
- Recipe Suggestions: For every crop you decide to grow, the app provides recipe suggestions.
Leafsnap is an electronic field guide developed by researchers from Columbia University, University of Maryland, and Smithsonian Institution. This app uses visual recognition software to help identify tree species from photos of their leaves.
- Visual Recognition: The tool helps users identify plants by analyzing photographs of their leaves.
- Extensive Database: Leafsnap’s database includes trees found in the Northeastern United States and Canada.
My Soil is an app developed by the British Geological Survey that provides users with information about the soil in their area.
- Soil Properties: Users can find information about soil type, depth, pH, and more.
- Plant Recommendations: The app also provides recommendations for plants that are likely to thrive in your soil type.
Garden Plan Pro
Garden Plan Pro is a robust tool that assists in planning your vegetable plot or allotment.
- Extensive Database: The tool features a wide variety of vegetables, fruits, and herbs with detailed growing advice.
- Crop Rotation Warnings: It provides warnings for crop rotations, helping to prevent disease and optimize yield.
Smartplant allows you to identify plants and pests, receive care reminders, and even chat with experts.
- Identification Tool: You can identify plants and pests by just uploading a photo.
- Expert Advice: The tool gives you access to chat with plant experts for advice.
iScape is a garden design app that lets you visualize your landscaping ideas before you start working.
- AR and VR: Using augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), the app allows you to visualize your ideas.
- Collaborate: Share your designs with others for collaboration or approval.
Home Outside allows users to design their landscapes on a smartphone or tablet.
- Landscape Elements: It offers a wide range of landscape elements, including trees, flowers, buildings, and more.
- Design Services: If you need help with your design, the app also offers professional design services.
Home Design 3D Outdoor & Garden
Home Design 3D Outdoor & Garden offers a comprehensive solution for designing your outdoor space in 3D.
- 3D Visualization: It allows you to view your design in 3D.
- Indoor and Outdoor Design: Not only can you design your garden, but you can also create plans for your entire home.
Garden Tags is a social networking app for gardeners, offering a platform to share your plants and gardens.
- Share your Garden: You can share photos of your plants and gardens with a global community of gardeners.
- Plant Identification: The tool allows you to identify plants and find care advice.
Is there a Free App for Landscape Design?
Yes, there are many free apps available for landscape design. However, you should note that while these apps may be free to download and use, they may offer in-app purchases for advanced features or ad-free experiences. Some popular free landscape design apps include Google SketchUp, Home Outside, and iScape, which we have detailed in the list above.
When choosing a free app, remember to consider its limitations. While they can be a great starting point, you might eventually need to upgrade to a paid version or switch to a more feature-rich app for more complex designs and features. However, the most important thing is to choose an app that best suits your needs and preferences, and that helps you bring your dream garden to life.
Whether you are a beginner gardener looking to start a simple home garden or a professional landscaper planning intricate garden designs, there is a garden layout planner tool out there that can help. By leveraging these innovative apps and websites, you can get a head start in bringing your dream garden to life. From plant databases to soil information, from 3D visualization to social networking features, these tools provide invaluable resources that can inspire and guide your gardening journey.
Remember, a well-planned garden not only enhances the beauty of your home, it also provides a space for relaxation, creativity, and connection with nature. With these garden layout planner tools, creating such a space becomes more accessible and enjoyable. Here’s to your gardening success!